So we survived another day of de-toxing, Noah is bright eyed and busy-tailed this morning. Here in Michigan it is pouring rain and he asks me "can we go to the spray park today?"
Poor kid. I ALMOST feel sorry for him. Almost - if he wasn't such a gigantic pain the butt while on sugar, and then detoxing from the sugar.
Anyhoo - here is today's Devotion: Your Journey With God
For it is God who is working among you both the willing and the working for His good purpose. Philippians 2:13
Your life is a journey, and every step of the way God is with you. If you seek to live in accordance with God's will for your life - and you should - then you will live in accordance with His commandments. You will study God's Word, and you will be watchful for His signs. You will associate with fellow Christians who will encourage your spiritual growth, and you will listen to that inner voice that speaks to you in the quiet moments of your daily devotionals.
Sometimes, God's plans seem unmistakably clear to you. But other times, He may lead you through the wilderness before He directs you to the Promised Land. So be patient and keep seeking His will for your life. When you do, you'll be amazed at the marvelous things that an all-powerful, all-knowing God can do.
God intends to use you in wonderful, unexpected ways if you let Him. The decision to seek God's plan and to follow it is yours and yours alone. The consequences of that decision have implications that are both profound and eternal, so choose carefully.
Today's Prayer: Dear Lord, you created me for a reason. let me do Your work here on earth by seeking Your will and living it, knowing that when I trust in You, Father, I am eternally blessed. Amen.
I got this book from the clearance rack, for $2.95. What a deal! Today's devotion has caused me to reflect back on times not so long ago when things were very bleak - and I remember most vividly giving it all over to God. Praying without ceasing. Trusting in the Lord to deliver my baby boy safely in my arms at the end of the day. And he did. Not without challenges and a lot of hard work; and the road ahead certainly isn't paved and free of obstacles - but He has brought us this far, He will see us through the rest.
I am also reminded of a dear friend who recently resigned from her job - a job that she really wanted to love, in a hateful atmosphere; a job that she was dedicated to even to her own detriment. A job she left having no new prospects lined up. A decision she came to in the light of the Lord. Trusting in Him has brought her great peace after great pain. All she had to do was take the first step in Faith.
While I wander through the wilderness I find myself ever so thankful that the Lord has provided me with amazing people to wander and camp out with me. It makes the going that much easier to bear! For those of us who are fiercely independent, or fiercely private, or who have issues with trust - it is a great challenge to share our burdens with others; and an even bigger challenge to allow them to heft a portion of it. I have come to realize that we are not meant to wander or walk alone. Jesus had his family, and the disciples - even He was not expected to walk alone in all His greatness. Even now as I write this, a squirrel just took refuge from the storm in a gourd I have hanging outside my window. We all need one another for survival - and to thrive and be happy!
I challenge you today to 'phone a friend' and share something - anything - with them that you are carrying.
No comments:
Post a Comment